Monday 30 August 2010

Snorkels, Biscuits, Cardboard etc...

I'm not 100% sure what's up with me at the moment. It's more than likely to be a combination of things: the fast approaching move away from home, starting a new part of my life, people leaving etc (basically the stuff that I've been going on about all year in this very blog). As you might have gathered from the title, I am certainly in an odd mood at the moment. I had this thought last night when I couldn't get to sleep: I started to think about the most random things that I could - I guess it was me trying to test my imagination. The reason why this was happening is not something that I can quite put my finger on but I guess that I'm just lacking something in my life just now - transition sucks. Maybe I was just bored although that would usually send me to sleep anyway or maybe there was something else to it. My plan was to think about it today but I never got round to it because of my busy schedule of reading, drinking coffee and watching 'House' (which I have become addicted to over the last week or so). So now I'm going to try and see where it came from and I thought that I might as well write it down while I was at it.

So what is imagination? The handy dictionary I have sitting beside me just now tells me that it is the "ability to make mental images of things that may not exist in real life". That being the case, I guess I wasn't trying to stretch my imaginative muscles off after all. After all the words I was coming up with were very like the ones in the title - not much imagination needed there.  So what was I playing at at 1am, lying in my bed, pulling the most random of words out of thin air? As I said I couldn't have been bored because that would not have explained me not being able to get to sleep; I wasn't wide awake either so that can pretty much rule out it being something constructive.

If the truth is to be told, I will never have the answer to this weird pastime that overtook me last night. If you have any theories then I would love to hear them but I guess I should just put it behind me and stop opening up my mind at night when I should be sleeping. Does this kind of thing make me weird? No, I don't think so but there's often times when I just need to write something down and this was one of those very moments. It resets me and makes me happier again to get something out - it makes room for new stuff.


You guys rule for reading this as always.

Muchos gracias amigos!


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.