Monday 10 October 2011

Post 100: The Numbers Game

100. It's a big number but it depends in what context you're saying it. £100 is a lot of money but 100p isn't. 100/200 shares is a lot of shares but 100/10000 is less so. 100 is a big number to me because it indicates a fairly big milestone for me: today is my 100th post on Ramblings of a Teenager. Now if I was to look at them properly (that being all posts that I've written) then it would certainly be clear that some of them haven't been as long as others or haven't actually amounted to any kind of message but the number 100 now shows on my blogger dashboard and it's nice. If I was to try and average out the word-count of all of my posts then my guess is that it would come out at about 500 words per post meaning that I've then written about 50,000 words in this blog, probably more. That for me indicates just what a commitment (and to some extents, what an addiction) this blog has become to me. I would go as far as to say that a little bit of me in now in this blog and it's an experience that I'm never likely to forget.

I've been trying to think of the best way to mark this milestone. Granted it might not seem like such a great achievement from the outside but for me this is pretty cool. If you think about it this way, it usually takes me about 20-30 minutes to write a blog post, sometimes more sometimes less. That amounts to 2000-3000 minutes of my life which is about 30-50 hours of writing. More than a  whole day (possibly 2) spent in front of a blank screen, filling it with my words, my (apparent) wisdom and my life. People always say that it's interesting to read someone's diary from the past because you get to know them better; I'm pretty sure if there is someone that has read the majority of my posts that they will know me better than the ones that haven't. That is the reason why I think that this is something that I should try and mark with something a little different this week and I have a plan.

Instead of posting just twice this week, I'm going to (try to) post every night with some of my favourite posts, having a look at why I wrote them and what's has changed since. I think it'll be a nice look back on a year and a half of blabbering on about pretty much everything that has jumped into my head in that time. I would also like to hear what other people's favourites are but that might be pushing me luck a little to far. If you want to, feel free to comment (as always) on this week's posts or just sit back and join me as I explore the ramblings of a teenager.

Thanks for reading and for your continual kindness for taking time out of you life to read my stuff,


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.