Sunday 19 December 2010

That's Not What She Said

I guess that you would expect me to be writing exclusively about Christmas given that it is only a week until the Big Man comes fleeing down our chimneys but sadly I'm going to disappoint on this occasion. Having said that there is a whole lot to be written about the next week and a bit so keep your eyes peeled for new posts throughout the festive period. The topic for today however is the age old quandary that both sexes find themselves in on a regular basis: what could they possibly be thinking? Of course being a guy this might come from a pretty biased point of view, but I think it would be interesting to know what you all think (comments welcome below).

Short of carrying out one of those crazy experiments that you see in cartoons involving the brain, I don't think there is ever a true answer to the above question. I think it all comes down to trust which is something that people usually earn over a long period of time and so it is almost impossible to ever know 100% what the opposite sex is thinking. I guess that this applies not just to the relationship side of things but also to friendships which leaves me wondering 'why the heck am I questioning the human race!?'. Surely I don't have nearly enough years or experience under my belt to have the authority to do that; in fact I know I don't - after all, I'm not exactly what you would call a people person.

So now what we've discovered is that here we have a lonely blogging teenager, apparently in the prime of his life. Of course this is not true (no honestly) because, if you read my last post, I've become a must more confident person over the last couple of years. The trouble is that I really don't have much experience when it comes down to answering just what girls are thinking because I think about the answer to that very question too much - the irony that is my life. All I've managed to achieve with writing this is to dig myself a huge hole that I'll only get out of with the pity of those more fortunate (and less analytical) than myself - don't! I have no need for it but maybe this post epitomises the reason why I'm actually doing this whole blog thing at all: I prefer to analyse things rather than do the practical stuff. That really hit home there.

Anyway I would like to hear your thoughts on the initial question I posed above (apologies for the 'self-help' digression thereafter). Be Mr/Mrs Anonymous if you please but this is a hot topic and always will be so it would be great to hear what you all think.

I promise a 'happier' post during the week but thanks for bearing with me on this one,

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.