Monday 8 August 2011

Building Myself Up for a Fall

Firstly it would be more than rude to not apologise to the few people that look forward to reading my posts every week on the days that I usually publish. I might have kind of, sort of forgotten to tell everyone that I was going away for a week of peace and tranquility and selfish old me only realised that it had slipped my mind when I got to the place with a lack of internet connection - it seems that the internet hasn't touched every house in the world (and the moon which is actually really nice this time of year). Anyway I'm back now and wanting more than ever to sit down and blog; the thing is that I want more! I've been dabbling with a few ideas as of late which regard starting a new blog with a more focused topic (which itself, like the possibility of starting this new blog, has yet to be decided). I would of course keep writing on Ramblings of a Teenager until my membership to that age-group expires in little over 7 months time but I would love to know that I would have another established blog by that time. The idea of writing two polar opposite blogs excites me but I'm afraid that, as the title of this post suggests, I'm building myself up for a big fall.

Take the scenario where I've got this blog started and I get bored with it. By extension it would probably make me a little tired of writing at all because I'll be back in at the deep end with uni again and then all will be silent. Not a sound will creep out of the keyboard before me except the insipid monotone of legal essays and notes - the prospect of which is worryingly palpable at the moment. It would be a shame that I would have driven myself to the point of not wanting to sit down of a Monday night a splurge out my thoughts to the internet in preparation for another tough week in the lecture theatres and classrooms. Then again the opposite might be true that this new, additional blog (whatever it may be) could inspire me to become an even more prolific and enthusiastic writer. It seems that my current mindset is that I would love one day to make money (if not my living) out of writing and a new blog might be the next tiny stepping stone to that. The issue is that I change my wondering of my future more often than I change my socks (and for me there is nothing like a fresh pair of socks to start the day) and therefore this future as a wordsmith (who am I kidding?) might not be what I'm after in a little while.

Enough blabbing on from me about this 'problem' that haunts me so. The truth is that it's not so much a problem as a nice option to have. I've got well over a month until I'm due back in front of the professors and I might as well give this a bash. Keep your eyes peeled on my Facebook page (the one of the right of your screen!) in the next couple of weeks as I start out on my quest for the topic of my dreams - damn I know how to make things sound so very much more exciting than they actually are!

Thanks for reading all,

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.