Monday 3 October 2011

Home or Away?

Sadly this post is going to be written in a little bit of a rush this evening and so I'm going to have to limit it to one of those posts where I put forward a simple idea for you to all think about. I'm sure I've dabbled in this topic before but I'm going to refresh my thoughts on it through this question that I've been thinking about recently: is home really where the heart is? I've gone home for the last three weekends for one reason or another (mainly for football) and every time I go home it's like I've been away for ages when I get home and then it gradually turns into a feeling of I've never been away. I've come to one personal conclusion on the matter that it is what is at home that is where my heart is. I love my house and I feel most at home there naturally but it's the fact that my family are there which makes me look forward to going home most. I really enjoy being in Edinburgh (in fact I think that in the future I would like to live here) but it doesn't yet hold the same meaning as home does - I wonder when I'll grow out of it...


Apologies for the brief post this evening but I'm running to a tight schedule just now!


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.