Tuesday 1 November 2011

Warming Again to Coldplay

No post on a Monday!? What is this madness that has occurred over the last couple of days? Well it was Halloween for one and I was in no fit state to compose a blog post and so I thought that I would defer to today when I'm a little more awake. Never a better decision has been made either because today I have probably been as tired as I ever have been before. I could feel my head flopping in lectures this morning (9am start - ouch!) and for the rest of the day I found it hard to get myself going. How I even managed to take lecture notes today is mystery to me but I've managed to make it to tonight unscathed. Tonight's post is based on something that I stumbled across last week. I found out that Coldplay were streaming their concert in Madrid live on Youtube and I was all over it. Subsequently I've hit a real love for their music again, especially their new album - I can't believe that I ever doubted them.

I've always liked Coldplay. Their early stuff is great and they always seem to come up with something new and interesting with every new album they produce. I would say that I went for about a year without really listening to them - not even watching their performance at T in  the Park this year could get me my enthusiasm back for them. It was this performance on Youtube however, that really got my ears pricked back up. I think you can still watch the whole thing on-line if you search for it on Youtube and I highly recommend you do. On the back of it I went and downloaded the new album, Mylo Xyloto from Amazon. I've since listened to it all the way through (about 45 minutes) 4 or 5 times and I can't get enough.

I guess it's natural to fall in and out of interest with bands. As a lot of my readers will know, I've never fallen out of love with Twin Atlantic but then again that it a special case. I go through periods of really liking bands like The Courteeners, The Wombats and some older stuff like David Bowie and then leaving them behind for something else - highly possible with my music library. I was talking to someone yesterday about backing up their music and it dawned on me just how gutted I would be if I lost any of mine. I'm also quite proud of the music that I've collected over the years and it is almost unnecessary to say that Coldplay are one of the bedrocks of my collection.

Thanks for reading,

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.