Wednesday 8 February 2012

Apologies Sent With Love

I'm here! It's a minor miracle that I'm writing tonight because I'm shattered and for another reason that I'm going to elaborate on momentarily. That reason is that I don't really have anything to write about tonight; well I haven't thought of anything to write about - that sounds better. I've not had any drunken antics since last week (and I'd like to keep it that way) and I'm not going to reference the girl again because people are getting bored of that. Just because she's attractive doesn't mean that I have to write about her. I mean, I'm attractive and I don't write about myself all of the time. Oh...wait...damn. Actually as the more seasoned readers of this blog will know, I think myself to be quite the opposite - that's the reason why I write about myself you see. So anyway I've not really got all that much to write about this evening and that actually feels kinda of good but I'll get on with it anyway.

The title of the post is there for a couple of reasons. Firstly I'm apologising for not having anything interesting to write about tonight - 'when did that ever stop you!' I hear you say to which I can only retort 'touché'. The other reason is more of a caveat about a future post and is where the 'with love' thing comes in. As we all know, each for our own reasons, the annual commercial day of love giving is fast approaching and if last year is anything to go by, I'm going to get stuck right into it. I wrote a rather damning post about Valentine's Day last year but things have changed since then, both with me and around me and I think it would be good fun to write about it a year - should be fun so tune in (or click on, whatever you kids are doing nowadays).

I would also like to make it known to you all just how much fun I've had with this blog over the last few weeks. Granted I've painted a fairly bleak picture of myself at times and some of the things that I have done but (and that's one of those big 'buts' that you hear so much about but never really see that often) it's been good fun to tap out my sweet nothings to everyone and for so many people to be reading them. Over the last couple of months my readership has taken an upwards course towards the sky and it's a nice thought that people are reading my rubbish during their evenings. A good friend of mine said to me the other day that one of my posts really "spoke" to him and that, for me, is the highest praise Ramblings of a Teenager can ever get.

I said I wasn't going to do this but I think it's a good idea to slip this in here. The last week or so, since I published 'Just a Glance', has been a very interesting time for me. My whole perspective on things have shifted ever so slightly and it's a feeling that I've not had for a while and have missed. It's unlikely to be life-changing or anything like that but then again it's built up something in me that I'm not sure I'm ready to knock down just yet.

As warned (and as previously apologised for) this post is a little bit of a non-entity. It's not going to go down as a 'classic' but I think it's nice to take stock of where you are once in a while and to look back on you recent past. The last month at university has been interesting for a plethora of reasons and tonight I sit here as a content guy with his decaff coffee - coffee but with the option of sleep afterwards!

Many thanks for you're continued support and readership and I will see you all on the other side of the weekend - good night all!

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.